Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper... Part 1

Well, I am 14 weeks along in this pregnancy and I am definitely feeling better. I must say that this time around has been so much more difficult than my first two pregnancies.
Summer has been such a sweetheart through it all. I must share a few examples of her cuteness. One particularly rough day, I managed to talk Summer into lying down with me for a nap. As I lay there trying to fall asleep, I was so sick to my stomach. I was complaining to Summer and she said, “I know what you need, Mommy. I’ll be right back.” She dashed off to the kitchen and I could hear her rummaging around. She came back into my bedroom with a cup of water and about 5 cookies. She said, “Here, Mommy, cookies in bed always makes me feel better.” So, we lay there and ate cookies, and you what? It actually worked. I felt a little better and we both fell asleep. When I went to make the bed later that day (before Ryan got home from work!) I found lots of crumbs – on his side of the bed!

Thanks, Summer, for taking care of Mommy.

4 comments:

kami said...

Summer is so sweet! She is going to be a great helper when the baby comes. She reminds me of Cameron. He used to make me toast when I was sick.

My pregnancy with Kallie Jane was so bad. I had never been so nauseous in my life! My doctor finally gave me some Zophran and I was a happy camper after that.

Keep up the good work Summer!

Michelle said...

Sooo cute! I'm glad you shared that little story. Summer sounds like such a sweetheart! I hope I get at least one little girl!

Emma Lee said...

Hey Shurelle! I found your blog off of...well, I can't remember actually but I have been meaning to drop you a line and say Hello. You have such an adorable family. Congrats on the new baby!

lisa g said...

That is a priceless story. Don't you just love blogging because it helps you to remember to write stuff down like that.