Monday, March 2, 2009

Introducing...Rainbow House

So, we are currently residing in my sister-in-law's pre-fixed-up fixer-upper. Built in 1968, it comes with an avocado green dishwasher, pink bathtub, blue toilet, and lime green blinds. We have affectionately named it "rainbow house."
Have a look around...











(yes, that is carpet in the kitchen)
The kids have adjusted pretty well. It's hard to call this place "home," but I have figured out that "home" is wherever we are together as a family, doing the things we normally enjoy... baking, making arts/crafts, playing together, reading, and of course, watching cartoons every morning over a cup of chocolate milk.
It's that simple.
We are continuing our search for the right house, but until then, "Rainbow House" is home sweet home.

8 comments:

kami said...

I have never seen a blue toilet! That's pretty exciting. I think my little ones would think it was fun to live in a rainbow house.

When is the baby coming???

jerseygirl said...

Beautiful! Macy is very jealous. You'll have your dream house soon enough, in the mean time, you are making unforgettable memories in the "rainbow house" lol, good luck!

Catherine Noorda said...

i seriously love all those pretty colors. if your sis is law ever wants to get rid of the colorful toilets, i want them. so darn cute. the green carpet in the kitchen can go however. hope you find your dream home soon :) you have such a good attitude.

Buchanans said...

Beautiful.... :) Hang in there...when's baby coming? Keep me updated on the house search.

Love ya

Amy said...

Hey beautiful toliet! Not everyone can say that there toliet is a piece of art work, well done! Good luck on the house search, hope you find what your looking for soon. When is your due date? Good luck on the baby!

Emma Lee said...

1. Those colors and prints are totally back hello!? Maybe all it needs is some new paint and fixtures? ;)

2. One of my friends bought a house with Avocado toilets, sinks, etc. She gutted it and resold the toilet and sink combo on Ebay for a ridiculous amount. I can't remember how much exactly but I want to say like 600 bucks plus shipping. She could put in a seriously powerful jet toilet and a bidet with that kind of money!

Anna said...

Shurelle, I was wondering how you were doing! I stumbled on your original email that had this address. Good to see you're making lemonade out of lemons! What a "fun" house. Call me if you are up in Bountiful.

Damitz Family said...

Oooh, it's so colorful! This is going to leave some long lasting memories, for sure, hehe.

I'm sure it's a strange adjustment, but I hope you're getting all nice and settled. Good luck!