Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


My Mom...



Camping at Tony's Grove, August 1993

In the summer of 1994

Christmas 1996



October 1999


February 2001




August 2003

Rocking Summer, December 2004



With the family in 2005



Rocking Joshua at the cabin, July 2007




4-wheeling at the cabin, August 2007
I love the goggles!


Mom, there are so many things I love about you!
(Too many to count)


Here are just a few that come to mind...


  • You love to SPOIL us!
  • Your grandkids adore you
  • You spend hours voting for the next American Idol
  • My friends like to hang out with you
  • You love condiments (i.e. you are "saucy")
  • Girl's Days - lunch, movies, shopping, nails
  • How you take care of me, especially before and after I have my babies
  • You love to share the juicy gossip
  • You love to read - (I have wonderful memories of us reading side by side on the couch or in bed while Dad was snoring in front of the t.v.)
  • You TiVo all my shows for me, and watch them with me
  • You use words like "gussied-up" and "tally-ho"
  • You call potstickers "pot-lickers," and paparazzi "pottsa-rottsy," and Lowes "Lulls"
  • You tell "chili dog" stories (inside joke)
  • But most of all, I KNOW that you'd do anything for me.

I'll always remember the time when I had to study for an exam in college. I knew I'd be up all night and I was complaining to you. It was already late, but you said you'd stay up with me so I wouldn't be up alone. I'm sure you don't remember it, but I'll never forget it. It meant a lot to me.



Thanks, Mom, for being you.


I love you so very much.

6 comments:

Damitz Family said...

I loved looking through these pictures. Especially with the many stages of Shurelle's hair ;) Aren't mom's great?

Laurel said...

Your mom is so great. I love what you wrote about her...it made me cry.

P.S. I like you big hair...very hip!

Laurel said...

I mean "your" big hair...I always forget to check what I wrote before I press publish.
:)

P.S. One of the reasons why I like your mom is because she is very understanding.

Shurelle said...

I kind of miss the days of my big hair!

It's funny how my mom's hair hasn't changed much over the years. :)

Jeff said...

Your mom looks just like I remember her. I am gald that you found me on facebook. Its fun to see old friends.

Kallee said...

Cute post about your Mom. However, I just wanted to say I LOVE the 1994 hairdo. I remember my awesome senior pictures and that it was a MUST that I brought my pick and hairspray to re-rat if my hair flattened during the shoot. ROCK ON!