Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me...


Well, as of yesterday, the 9th, I'm officially 30 years old. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm definitely a little more worried about wrinkles (I now wear sunscreen - remember those days of laying out in the sun slathered in baby oil?), I dye my graying hair, my knees are creeky (is that from the old cheerleading days or from running?), and I honestly feel my metabolism creeping to a grinding halt.

My twenties were fun... college, getting married, living in LA enjoying 2 incomes and the freedom of being just a couple, then buying and fixing up a house and squeezing out a couple of kids. Good times.

But... I must say that I'm glad those things are behind me and I'm grateful for the milestones that lie ahead.

8 comments:

Laurel said...

I hope you had a fun fun birthday!

Michelle said...

You're so cute! I must say you look really good for being 30! :) Hope you had a good birthday!!!

Kallee said...

I am a loser friend. I was actually talking to James Jones on Friday and we talked about you (only nice things of course) and I said I needed to remember to call you on your bday...whoops. Anyway, Happy Birthday! 30 isn't bad...31 however..:) So are you still going on your European Tour? You make 30 look fabulous!

kimi tennyson said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love you so much and you look great in your pic!!!!

Jill said...

Happy birthday!!!!! Glad you've enjoyed your life until now...and hopefully the rest will keep getting better :)

Sarah L. said...

Happy late b-day. dont worry its not that bad being 30. I think that I am just uglier now that I am 30 but hey, they say we all get ugly right????
sarah
ps I love that cleaner:)

kami said...

Welcome to the 30s. They aren't so bad! Just wait until you have a baby in your 30s...things just aren't the same after that :) Happy Birthday!

Merilee said...

I am really late on this one, but Happy Birthday!!