Thursday, March 18, 2010

Happy Day After St. Patrick's Day!

I know I'm weird, but I really love St. Patrick's Day.

Maybe because it's around this time that it finally starts to feel a little like spring.
And Easter (another favorite) is around the corner.

Plus, I have so many wonderful childhood memories of this day:

Planning a green outfit...
Grade school teachers who would leave little green footprints all around the classroom...
Setting traps to try to catch a leprachaun...
Shamrock-shaped sugar cookies...
Gold chocolate coins...
Trying to reach the end of a rainbow...
Eating lots of green food...

Now that I'm a mother, it's fun to carry on these same silly traditions.
Like yesterday -
We consumed a lot of green food-colored food.

Just a warning, though...

Lots of green food coloring in = lots of green poop out.

Happy Day-After St. Patrick's Day!

1 comments:

jerseygirl said...

I love to read your blogs. Keep blogging!! your kids are so cute and I love to see them grow! I work full time, so blogging is a little bit of "me time" that I allow myself to have. And I do only have one child that makes it a little easier!!

So keep blogging!! and keep up the good work, green poop and all!