Wednesday, March 19, 2008

$15 Sucker

So, the kids have been sick.

(I have never seen so much snot in my life!)

Summer got feeling better after about a week, but Joshua's boogers just kept lingering.

He had a fever over the weekend, and he's so grumpy. I always hesitate to take them into the doctor at such times, because I know what she'll say:

"It's just a virus - it just has to run its course."

But this time, I thought I'd better be safe.

What if it's an ear or sinus infection, etc. etc...

So, a $15 co-pay later, we get this...

&
"It's just a virus - it just has to run its course."

7 comments:

buchanan fam said...

Super funny! I'm the worst about taking them in.... the blog looks awesome by the way!

dtrujillo said...

I'm glad you took him in. You can never be sure with kids. Take care of my babies. You are a great Mommy.

Laurel said...

Yes, but don't your kids just love those suckers!

Merilee said...

Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog.
Your blog is really cute!!
I am about to do the same thing as you in this post...I have a doctor appointment later today. Now I am feeling even more hesitant. ha ha :) Better safe than sorry right?

Kallee said...

Loved this post!! I laughed so hard. I've said that so many times to Jake..."this was the most expensive sucker, sticker, smarties, etc. EVER!!" Sorry to hear Joshua hasn't been feeling well.

Damitz Family said...

Sometimes you just have to do it for peace of mind. Drives me crazy too though! I'm glad he's okay

kami said...

Don't you just love those $15 suckers!?!? I feel like I've wasted even more when Brian tells me, "Don't worry. Things will be better in a few days." Then being the skeptical wife that I am...I take them to our doctor who tells me, "Don't worry. Things will be better in a few days."

So not only do we get a $15 sticker (no suckers at our doctor), I get to explain to Brian why I still don't believe what he tells me...even after 4 yrs of med school, 3 years of residency, and 2 years of practice. When will I learn? :-)